Last update: September 18th, 2023
Personal information collected and purposes
In the course of our business, we may collect personal information from you. We only collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with our various services. Wherever possible, we indicate both mandatory and optional fields.
We collect personal information about you:
- When you contact us (by e-mail, telephone, mail, through our chat tool or in person), we may collect your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, your language of communication, your buyer profile and product preference(s). This information enables us to provide the information, or services you have requested and to communicate with you regarding your request;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter or register for a promotional activity, we will collect your name, phone number and e-mail address in order to send you promotional e-mails about our activities and promotions that may be of interest to you. You may choose to change your preferences by following the “unsubscribe” link provided at the end of the e-mail or communication you receive. We use this information to provide information about current and future products and services or other developments concerning our business and our projects;
- When you respond to a survey initiated by E2 Immobilier (including through surveys conducted by us or on our behalf), we use the information collected to better understand how to improve our products and services, to develop and direct our business and operations, and to achieve other internal business objectives;
- When you show interest in one of our units, we collect the information necessary to process the transaction, including your name, current address, e-mail address, telephone number, photo identification, banking information and others;
- When you use our job application feature to apply for a job posted on our Site or one of its subdomains, or when you submit your application by e-mail, we will collect your name, e-mail address, telephone number and any other information you provide, including your employment history. We use this information to evaluate and respond to your application; and
- When you visit our Site, we automatically collect information about you using cookies. Cookies are pieces of information sent to your computer or other similar device you use to access the internet, for example a smartphone, tablet or other mobile device, when you visit a website, which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. For more information, please see the section on Cookies and IP addresses below.
Generally, personal information about you will be collected directly from you. However, we may collect personal information from third parties, to the extent permitted by law.
We may also collect personal information in order to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, or for other purposes permitted by law. We do not collect personal information for other purposes, except with the consent of the individual concerned.
How is your personal information used or disclosed?
We use or disclose personal information only as reasonably necessary to facilitate the purposes listed above. We may share your information with our affiliates when required to fulfill these purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving future communications at any time. If you wish to request that no further emails be sent to you, you may unsubscribe by following the appropriate link on the Site or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some cases, we may share personal information with third-party service providers performing functions on our behalf, including providers of IT services, property management services, legal and human resources services, or analytical or marketing services.
Finally, your information may be disclosed as necessary to satisfy legal, regulatory, or other insurance, audit and security requirements, and otherwise with your consent, or as permitted or required by law (including as required by Canadian and foreign laws applicable to us or our service providers). Accordingly, in response to a verified request from law enforcement or government officials regarding a criminal investigation or suspected illegal activity, we may (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, province, telephone number, e-mail address and order history without a subpoena.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties. Your personal information is distributed without your consent only as permitted or required by law.
Security and retention of your personal information
We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect against theft, loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information, such as implementing firewalls and encryption technologies, and restricting access to personal information to only those employees who actually need it. However, it is important to note that any information transmitted over the Internet can be intercepted by a third party. Therefore, we cannot and will not assume responsibility for the theft, loss, misuse or alteration of any personal information transmitted over the Internet.
The safety and security of your information is also your responsibility. If you create a profile on our Site, your password is an essential tool in protecting your account. We recommend that you use a unique combination of numbers, letters and special characters, and not to share it with anyone.
We take the protection of personal information very seriously and are prepared to take appropriate and timely action in the event of an incident involving it, in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, or for legal or commercial purposes.
Hosting and transfer of personal information
We will store personal information on our internal servers or with service providers. Personal information collected about you may be stored and/or processed outside of Quebec. Our service providers may store and process personal information outside of Quebec and Canada. Please note that the privacy laws of these jurisdictions differ from Canadian and Quebec privacy laws. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational and legal measures to secure such information. We ensure that our service providers comply with all applicable privacy laws and implement contractual clauses imposing obligations on them. For more information about our data processing abroad, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details provided below).
Cookies and IP addresses
Visitors to our website should also be aware that anonymous technical data may be collected during their visit to our Site. This may include the visitor’s IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring website addresses. We use this data to identify an individual, gather broad demographic information about website users, diagnose problems with our systems and administer the Site.
We will not attempt to link or match this anonymous technical data with personally identifiable information, unless we (or our service providers) have obtained your consent or in accordance with applicable law.
Our website may contain links to other third-party websites that may collect personal information. This policy does not include the privacy practices (or lack thereof) of such third parties. We cannot and will not assume responsibility for the policies, practices and actions of such third parties.
What are your rights regarding your personal information?
When you provide us with your personal information and/or use our services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by E2 Immobilier.
Before giving you access to your information, providing you with the personal information we hold about you, or making the changes you have requested, we may ask you for information to help us confirm your identity and your right to access that information. In some cases, applicable law may require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you, or which we may have destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our legal obligations to retain records and best practices for the protection of personal information.
In certain cases, you may refuse or withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, or request the deletion of the personal information we hold about you, at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to any legal or contractual requirements.
If we are unable to grant your request, we will inform you of the reasons, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Effective date and modification
This Policy, as amended from time to time, has been adopted by E2 Immobilier as of the last update date indicated above. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. If we intend to use or disclose personal information for purposes materially different from those described in this Policy, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you, including by posting the revised Policy on our Site. Your continued provision of personal information or use of our Site following any changes to this Policy constitute your acceptance of such changes.